Study in: Asia, Australia, NZ
Course starts 2022/2023
The purpose of the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) is to provide citizens of developing member countries of the ADB with the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions located in the Asian and Pacific Region. It is anticipated by scholars that once they have completed their academic degrees, they will contribute to the economic and social growth of their home countries.
ADB-JSP provides scholarships only to participating academic institutions.
Field(s) of study:
Programs covered by the ADB-JSP are postgraduate studies in economics, management, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Only programs offered at the participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are eligible for ADB-JSP funding.
Number of Scholarships:
About 300 scholarships are awarded annually.
The scholarships are open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
The ADB-JSP covers all associated costs, including tuition in its whole, a monthly stipend for lodging and subsistence, a stipend for the purchase of books and other teaching materials, as well as medical insurance and transportation costs.
The scholarship will be awarded for one academic year, with the possibility of being renewed for a second academic year if necessary. However, this extension will be contingent on the recipient maintaining a level of performance that the institute deems to be adequate. For both master’s and doctoral degrees, the maximum time period for which a scholarship can be awarded is two years.
1. A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
2. Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution .
3. A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
4. At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
5. Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
6. In good health.
7. Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
8. Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
9. Staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
10. Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
11. ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
12. ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Applicants should contact the academic institution of their choice and request information as well as application forms. They should also advise the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The academic institution has to receive the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form along with the ADB application form for the institution that has been completed and any other necessary papers. There is no need to submit a separate application to ADB.
You are required to submit in applications for scholarships at least six months before the time that you plan to begin studies at the institution in question. Please refer to the typical application deadline as well as the month that new students are accepted at the participating academic institutions.
It is imperative that you go to the official website (link may be found below) in order to obtain specific information regarding the application process for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.adb.org/site/careers/japan-scholarship-program/
Disclaimer: This page is NOT the official one for the scholarship. This is merely a condensed listing of the scholarship that only takes up one page. Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and currency of the provided information, said material is subject to change at any moment and without prior notice. Always refer to the official website of the organization that is providing the scholarship if you want information that has been updated and is complete. You do so entirely at your own risk if you put any stock in the information provided on thejobmedia.com. For further information, kindly read over our Terms of Service.
Leave a Comment