- Best for Student Support
- Must have a cosigner that is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Eligible borrowers include U.S. citizens and permanent residents, as well as DACA recipients
- Get 1% cash back upon graduation
- Checking your rate doesn’t impact your credit
Ascent is a company with its headquarters in San Diego that started providing private student loans in the year 2015. The platform makes student loans available to individuals who have been granted DACA, students from other countries, and students from the United States who are looking for funding for undergraduate and graduate degrees.
When applying for a student loan through Ascent, international students are required to have a cosigner in their home country. If the primary borrower is a United States citizen or a permanent resident of the United States, the cosigner on the loan may be released from further responsibility after the primary borrower has made 12 on-time payments.
Loan terms for international students can range anywhere from five to fifteen years, and there is the option to repay only the interest while the student is still enrolled. After graduating, students have the option of delaying their student loan payments for up to nine months.
Here are some details about the loan:
Ascent Student Loans: At a glance
Here’s a quick rundown of the loan options Ascent offers. You can read more about each loan lower on the page.
|Ascent Cosigned||Ascent Non-Cosigned||Ascent Graduate Loans|
|Loan amounts||$2,001 – $200,000||$2,001 – $200,000||$2,001 – $400,000|
|Term lengths||5, 7, 10, 12, or 15 years||5, 7, 10, 12, or 15 years||7, 10, 12, 15, or 20 years|
|Fixed rates||4.62% – 16.06%1||10.50% – 16.75%1||Depends on the loan|
|Variable rates||4.14% – 13.15%1||8.33% – 14.40%1||Depends on the loan|
|Autopay rate reduction||0.25%||0.25% – 1%||0.25%|
|Learn more||Jump to full review||Jump to full review||Jump to full review|
- Borrowers may choose a repayment term of 5, 7, 10, 12, or 15 years. Furthermore, these loans come with deferred repayment while in school, with payments starting 9 months after leaving school.
- If you sign up for the automatic payment option, you can get a 0.25% – 1% interest rate reduction.
- You might also get some money back if you qualify for Ascent’s 1% Cash Back Graduation Reward.
- These loans carry no origination, loan application, or disbursement fees. And you won’t be penalized for paying off your loan early.
- Official Website: https://www.ascentfunding.com/
- Loans Offered: Undergraduate, Graduate, International, Refinanced, parents, Career loans
- Customer Service: 877-216-0876, Email: [email protected]
- Address: See the Official website
Leave a Comment