Associate Lawyer – Canadian Business Immigration
As a Canadian Business Immigration Associate Lawyer, you will help companies address the challenges associated with managing today’s globally mobile workforce. EY Law LLP helps companies and their employees efficiently relocate wherever they need them to be. The firm’s comprehensive range of Canadian business immigration services include advising on immigration issues and the use of international agreements in immigration matters, to arranging entry visas, work permits or permanent resident status-makes operating across borders less painful and more cost-effective for employers. And for employees, these services mean less stressful, low-risk cross-border travel. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate.
READ MORE: FULL TIME JOBS AS A CLINICAL BIOCHEMIST AT APL
We are open to remote work arrangements of up to 3 days per week – depending on role.
As an Associate Lawyer, you will join our Canadian Business Immigration team. You will manage the delivery of challenging Canadian business immigration services and contribute to developing solutions for our diverse clients. You will provide not only technical legal expertise, but also proactive and strategic business solutions that are in line with the needs of our clientele.
Skills and attributes
- Utilize your technical legal and procedural understanding of Canadian business immigration law, including temporary work permits (LMIA and LMIA exempt) and permanent residence applications, effectively applying this knowledge to client situations.
- Prepare, review, and submit applications in a high-volume environment.
- Making submissions to ports of entry, consulates, and visa posts worldwide.
- Manage client deliverables and expectations and demonstrate an ability to effectively execute on competing priorities.
- Facilitating the legal movement of employees across borders for business travel.
- Manage law clerks and other client service team members.
- Be an active member of our Canadian immigration practice in implementing best practices.
- Experience in business development.
- Law degree and licensed (in good standing) to practice law in Canada.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Canadian business Immigration experience, with and emphasis in managing temporary and permanent residence applications for high volume engagements.
- Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to provide not only technical legal expertise, but also proactive and strategic business solutions that are in line with the needs of our clientele.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and take on a variety of projects.
- High level of professionalism to handle sensitive and confidential information.
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
[…] READ MORE: ASSOCIATE LAWYER NEEDED AT CANADA BUSINESS IMMIGRATION […]