Univ of British Columbia
Deadline: 15 Nov/1 Dec (annual)
Study in: Canada
Course starts next year
The Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study:
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
Number of Awards:
The value of the Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
The Award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
To be considered for the Donald A. Wehrung Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants must have graduated from high school no earlier than a year.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
To apply for the International Scholars program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee. Confirm that your school or non-profit is able to nominate you, and inform your nominator and academic referee that you’d like to apply for the International Scholars Program.
Apply for the International Scholars Program by submitting the application by 15 November and submit your admissions application to UBC by 1 December. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/international-scholars/
Leave a Comment