University of Toronto
Deadline: 30 Nov 2022/16 Jan 2023 (annual)
Study in: Canada
Course starts Sept 2023
At the University of Toronto, there is a program called the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program. This program is designed to recognize international students who are recognized as leaders within their respective schools and who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity. The influence that the student has had on the day-to-day operations of their school and community, as well as their future potential to make a positive contribution to the lives of people all over the world, is given a lot of weight in the evaluation process.
University of Toronto, Canada
Level/Field of study:
Undergraduate programme offered at the University
Number of Awards:
Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
International students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
The scholarship will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2022
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2023 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once the University received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
The school nomination deadline is 30 November 2022. The student admissions deadline is 14 December 2022 (you are recommended to apply before 7 November 2022). The scholarship application deadline is 16 January 2023.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://future.utoronto.ca/pearson/about#about
Leave a Comment