The Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) loans is an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development (FMYSD) and was funded by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to invest in youth ideas to build sustainable businesses that can activate enterprise and increase job opportunities in Nigeria. The goal of the Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) is to increase the number of job opportunities in Nigeria. The fund is committed to investing in the creative ideas, skills, and talents of young people in Nigeria with the goal of transforming them into business owners, wealth creators, and labor employers who will contribute to the growth and development of the nation.
Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) Loans: The plan targets young people between the ages of 18-35 years and details the needed actions required to support business establishment, expansion and consequent employment creation for youth in critical economic and social sectors.
Objectives of the Scheme
Improve access to finance for youth and youth-owned enterprises, for national development
Generate much-needed employment opportunities to curb youth restiveness.
Boost the managerial capacity of the youth and develop their potential to become the future large corporate organizations.
NOTE: The NYIF aims to financially empower Nigeria’s youth to generate at least 500,000 jobs between 2020 and 2023.
Who is Eligible?
Individuals / Non-registered Businesses
- Individual within the age bracket of 18 to 35 years
- Has a valid BVN and means of ID
- Provision of Business plan Summary or Completed Questionnaire
- Entrepreneurship Training Certification from FMYSD Entrepreneurship Development Institutes (EDIs)
- Formal business enterprises (Youth owned enterprises), duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Business plan Summary or Completed Questionnaire
- Valid Bank Verification Number (BVNs) of Directors
- Provision of Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Entrepreneurship Training Certification from FMYSD EDIs
How it works
Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) Loans: Applicants to attend a compulsory entrepreneurship training with an approved Federal Ministry of Youth & Sports Development (FMYSD) EDIs
Apply for Loan
Successfully trained prospective applicants proceed to NIRSAL Microfinance Bank (NMFB) portal to apply for the loan.
Submit an Application
Eligible applicants submit applications successfully on NMFB’s portal.
Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) Loans: NMFB conducts loan assessment in line with Risk Assessment Criteria and programme guideline, make appropriate decision and forward recommended applications to CBN for final approval
CBN reviews applications and gives final approval for disbursement to NMFB
Leave a Comment