The Student Loan Trust Fund makes it simple to submit an application for a student loan.
Education is a vital component of a child’s life that plays a significant role in determining the trajectory of that child’s future. However, despite how vital it is, not everyone has the financial means to obtain a good education. Because of this, the government and various other bodies have collaborated to develop programmes that can provide student loans to individuals who are unable to pay for the cost of their education on their own. One of these programmes, known as the Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF), was established to make student loans available to Ghanaian students attending tertiary education institutions.
A Brief Introduction to the Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF)
In accordance with Act 106, the Trustee Incorporation Act of 1962, STLF was established in December of 2005. This endeavour is, in its most fundamental sense, governed by a Board of Trustees, and that Board is made up of illustrious individuals who come from significant backgrounds. The distribution of financial resources to students who are in a precarious financial situation is the primary goal of the Trust Fund. They essentially cater to students by offering loans for them to use toward their postsecondary education.
What kinds of assistance are available through the Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF)?
Students who are interested in attending a tertiary institution in Ghana but do not have the financial means to pay for their education can take advantage of the loan services provided by the Student Loans and Tuition Fund (SLTF). This loan will cover your expenses for a particular session, but you will be responsible for paying it back at the end of that session. Before you are required to start making payments on the money you borrowed, there is a grace period of two years.
You can borrow up to N100,000 at the most favourable interest rates available in Nigeria.
Did you know that with our loan simulator, you can now compare the interest rates offered by various lenders in order to find the best possible deal for your situation? Before settling on one particular loan, it is important to weigh the pros and cons of the available financing options. You will be able to see at a glance, in less than five minutes, loan offers coming from a variety of lenders if you use our simulator. This will allow you to make an informed decision regarding the financing of your business. Try it out right now.
What are the steps I need to take to submit an application to the Student Loan Trust Fund?
Follow the steps below to submit an application for a loan through the SLTF platform:
1. To begin, download the app by searching for it in either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Next, launch the application on your device and create an account by providing the required information in the registration form.
3. After you have accomplished this task, you will be eligible to submit an application for a student loan. However, in order for your application for a loan to be accepted, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements.
You also have the option of going to their website, which can be found at www.sltf.gov.gh, where you can set up an account and then proceed to follow the instructions that are provided to you afterward.
In order to obtain a loan from the Student Loan Trust Fund, these are the prerequisites that must be met.
Keep in mind that you need to fulfill all of these prerequisites before submitting an application for the loan:
1. You are required to be a citizen of Ghana, and an accredited university in Ghana must have extended an admission offer to you in order to be considered.
2. It is mandatory to possess a Ghana Card Number that is still active. You are not required to pay anything to acquire this number from any of the designated GRA offices.
3. You must have plans to enrol in a tertiary education programme, such as an associate’s degree or a diploma. Additionally, you are required to present either a letter of admission or a student identification card.
4. an active phone number, a registered email address, and an E-zwich card are all required pieces of information.
How do I go about downloading the app for the Student Loan Trust Fund?
Follow the steps below to easily obtain a loan using the mobile application and download it on your device:
1. Launch the Google Play Store application on your Android device. On the other hand, launch the App Store on your iOS-based mobile device if you have one.
2. After that, look for an app called “SLTF.”
3. Downloading the app and setting up an account will make it much simpler for you to submit an application for a loan.
What is the best way to get in touch with the Student Loan Trust Fund?
The following is the contact information for SLTF:
House number 47, Third Crescent, Asylum Down, Accra, Ghana
Address of electronic correspondence: [email protected]
You can reach us at these numbers by telephone: +233 (0)302 231 886 and +233 (0)302231873
The Student Loan Trust Fund, also known as the SLTF, is merely a platform through which you can borrow money to cover the costs of attending university. The only thing required of you is to use their platform to submit an application for a student loan and then wait for it to be approved. However, in order for the platform to provide you with loans, it is necessary for you to fulfill a number of requirements. Simply download their app from the Google Play Store or the App Store onto your mobile device, and you’ll have quick and easy access to their loan.
By utilising this platform, you will be able to acquire a comprehensive loan that is adapted to meet your particular requirements. In a nutshell, it enables you to compare loans offered by various financial institutions in Africa, thereby preventing you from missing out on the most advantageous choice.