Jealous Fruits is the northernmost large scale cherry producer in North America. They grow premium cherries along the shores of Okanagan Lake in the renowned Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada. Their cherries are all hand packed in the state-of-the-art facility, located right on the farm, and shipped to their customers worldwide.
With 90% of the workforce made up by temporary foreign workers, they require a number of support team members to ensure workers have access to medical appointments and assist with all paperwork required to ensure they are (or the Company is) re-imbursed for all charges. Their workers need people that can assist them in their lives in Canada while they are there.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to: )
- Be on call for any injuries requiring medical attention (transporting workers to the medical office – hospital, walk-in clinic, etc.) a company vehicle will be provided;
- Ensuring all medical paperwork is completed and brought to the office for filing (within 48 hours of incident);
- Ensuring all workers have SIN, COWAN, and other required documents (BCMSP if applicable);
- Weekly touch points at camps to ensure all housing is being maintained, report any deficiencies to facilities manager for repair/replacement;
- Ensuring forms/training documents are signed and brought to office for filing (specifically First Aid Reports, incident reports, transfer documents and housing check lists);
- Coordinating any pre-departure needs as needed (PCR / Antigen test, vaccine confirmations);
- Ensure that our workers are comfortable in transitioning to work life in Canada, some of these workers are new to our country and we want them to feel comfortable.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (as their workers primarily speak Spanish)
- Must have a valid Class 5 license with no limitations, drivers abstract to be provided
- Able to take direction from supervisors and management when required.
- Must be able to work shifts (days/nights) as needed, night will be required from Mid-July to end of Harvest – first week of Sept.
- Must be computer literate in order to assist workers with electronic documents as required
- Must be a flexible team player who works well in a busy and demanding environment.
Applicants should be aware that:
- This is a farming environment and days off may be limited during our picking season. Rain events where workers are not working are usually busy days due to the lack of field work
- Work hours are not calendar based but are dependent on crop maturity and weather.
- Work hours are generally at least 45-50 hours per week and can be longer (based on wait times out of our control)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Contract length: 3 months
Application Deadline: May 30
Expected Start Date: June 15
Hourly Wage: $18
A background check to pass Canadian Air Cargo Security Requirements is required.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of being fully immunized against COVID-19 (two doses of Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after your second vaccination) before a start date can be set.
RECOMMENDED POSTS: Fromage Allegro,Tax+Accounting Group, Canada Jobs Apply..