The Robert Carter Scholarship-The Robert Carter Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Scholarship was introduced to honors Robert Carter, CCIM, for his remarkable contributions and dedication to the service of the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Institute and its chapters.
The Robert Carter Scholarship was introduced in March 2017 by the management of the Certified Commercial Investment Member with the equivalent fund.
The scholarships is meant to honor those who have shown great dedication, commitment, outstanding achievement and service to the commercial real estate industry.
Table of Contents
The Robert Carter Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Foundation.
The Certified Commercial Investment Member Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-governmental organization and non-profit organization. The Mission of the CCIM Foundation is to advance and foster commercial real estate education through scholarships, programs and initiatives.
The foundation is highly dedicated to providing its members with the best quality educational programs. They also promote an ethical standards in the real estate sector.
The Robert Carter, CCIM Scholarship was created to make their vision a reality. The main purpose of the scholarship is to support qualified real estate professionals in their final push to achieve the CCIM goal
The scholarship Recipients are expected to show a high level of professionalism. Comprehensive Exam are to be written twice annually (Spring and Fall). The scholarship committee may choose to award the scholarship for either the Spring or Fall Exam.
The Robert Carter Scholarship Selection Criteria
The criteria for awarding the scholarship Includes the following:
• Applicant is expected to demonstrate a commitment to a commercial real
• Applicant is expected to be a member of the Certified Commercial Investment (CCIM) Institute.
• Applicant is expected to be an active and dues paying member of the Certified Commercial Investment foundation.
• As a recipient of the scholarship, you are expected to have a need for financial assistance.
The Robert Carter Scholarship Value
The scholarship Recipient will get $1,000.
Robert Carter CCIM Scholarship Application form
When applying for the scholarship, answers should not exceed 300 words, unless otherwise indicated. You are expected to provide the following information:
- Candidate’s Name
- Work Address
- Work Phone Number
- Home Address
- Home Phone Number
- Cell Phone Number
- Candidate Member
- CCR and Comp Exam for which you are applying:
Applicants are expected to complete and return the application form to the awarding Certified Commercial Investment chapter at least one month in advance of the Comp Exam for which you have registered.
You are also expected to submit the following documents in order to be considered for a scholarship:
1. Completed Application, including Candidate Statement
2. Current Resume
As a Certified Commercial Investment, you will be expected to provide your involvement CCIM Chapter (committee assignments, volunteer work, etc.)
Robert Carter CCIM Scholarship Essay Questions
1. Why did you choose commercial real estate as a career?
2. In two sentences, give your definition/perception of a successful real estate professional.
3. What are your long-term career goals?
4. What achievement (professional or personal) are you most proud of?
You will be expected to provide answers to these questions. Note: Your answers must be brief and straight forward. No long talk.
Robert Carter CCIM Scholarship Candidate Statement
A typed statement of 150-300 words explaining why you want to become a CCIM MUST accompany your
Before you finally submit your application, you are expected to agree that in the event you are selected to receive a scholarship, the CCIM Foundation may use your name, likeness and/or profile in printed
and electronic promotional materials.
Robert Carter CCIM Scholarship Application and
Completed application must be submitted at least one month prior to the date of the CCIM
Comprehensive Exam for which you have registered.
Robert Carter Scholarship – For Students
The following are guidelines for the scholarship application for college students.
Key Facts: The number of scholarships and the amount of each depends upon funds available.
Scholarships are available for second, third or fourth year college students.
Robert Carter Scholarship Requirements
1. Student must be an active member of Second Baptist Church (for at least two years).
2. Must be second, third or fourth year college student with a grade point average of 2.5
based on a 4.0 grade point scale.
3. As an applicant, you must show the need for financial assistance (student must disclose all
other financial assistance being provided and inform the committee of their specific
4. Scholarship must be used for tuition, books, room and board and other educational
cost (i.e. lab fees.)
5. Interview may be required
6. Must not have been a previous recipient of a Deacon Robert A. Carter Scholarship.
7 .After you fill the application form. You are expected to write a 500 word biography including why you think you are deserving of this scholarship.
8. You are expected to include three (3) letters of recommendation from (pastor, church member, counselor, teacher, employer, etc.) Your recommendation letter must not be written by your friend, family member, or another young person.
9. You are also expected to provide an estimated cost for the school year you are applying.
10. Provide your account statement. You may be asked to list the funds that you have either from grants, scholarships or loans.
11. Have at least two adults review your entire application before you submit it.
Your application will be disqualified if you did not meet the requirement and you applied.
Robert Carter Scholarship Students Application Process
During your application process, you will expected to provide the following information.
- Last First Middle
- City, State, Zip Code
- Home Telephone, Mobile
- Date of Birth, Age
- What course of study are you pursuing?
- School you are attending
- Total cost per semester
- Father (Male Guardian)Name
- Mother (Female Guardian)Name
Robert Carter Scholarship student Essay Question
- Have you received other scholarships? if yes, provide the amount.
- Are you a worker in the church? or any Church Involvement?. They would want you to list ministries and other church involvement, including offices held; attach a separate sheet, if needed.
- Ministry, Years
- Involved Office/Honor/Award
- Any Community Service Involvement?: You will be expected to list your volunteer service; attach a separate sheet, if needed.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: List extra-curricular activities participated in high school, including offices held, honors awards, etc. Attach a separate sheet, if needed.
ESSAY: A 500 word biography including why you think you deserve the
scholarship. Essay should be typed not hand written (double-spaced)on a separate sheet.
After you have completed the application process, you are expected agree and accept the fact that the information you have provided in your application form are true, correct and complete to the best of your knowledge, and the essay is your own composition.