Tommy Nunez Foundation Scholarship and Youth Activities Foundation has been supporting and funding youth events and scholarships for many years. The foundation have many sponsors and friends that have generously contributed over the years.
Because of their contributions, the foundation was able to provide scholarships worth thousands of dollars every year. They have also sponsored low-income youths in little leagues, field trips, football leagues and other academic activities.
Tommy Nunez Foundation Scholarship
The main purpose of the scholarship is to lower the drop-out rate and other social problems the youth face through the “Academics and Athletics” campaign. The foundation is committed and dedicated in serving the economically disadvantaged youths. Every year, twenty students are awarded $500 for college or vocational school scholarships.
Tommy Nunez Foundation Scholarship Tournament
The Tommy Nuñez Foundation host two major tournaments every year. In May is the Men’s Pro-Am Basketball Tournament, played together with the Nunez Referee Clinic. August is time for the National Hispanic Basketball Classic. A 64 team tournament across three divisions.
The goal of the tournament is to raise money to support academic and athletic activities of youths who are socially disadvantaged.
The Tommy Nunez Foundation Scholarship Application Form
Criteria for consideration for scholarship award
- Applicant must be a graduating senior in good standing with your school.
- Applicant must possess an educational/career goal. Which you will be expected to define in the required essay.
The Tommy Nunez Scholarship Application Process
- Print and complete scholarship application information sheet.
- Mail to Tommy Nunez Foundation
C/o Tommy Nunez
942 N. Hazelton Court
Chandler, AZ 85226
- Include two recommendations from individuals such as teachers, counselors, friends or family.
- Scholarship for tuition, books or tools for college or vocational training.
A Scholarship Selection Committee will review your application and award scholarships based on the above criteria.
During your application process, you will be expected to provide the following information correctly and to the best of your knowledge.
The Tommy Nunez Scholarship Form Requirements
- Address, City, State, Zip
- Home Phone, Best Phone
- High School, Graduation date
- You are expected to Provide the schools you are interested in attending (include technical schools, two-year or four-year schools)
- Do you prefer cash over the scholarship? You are also expected to provide Special circumstances, if any, that you would like us to consider with this application (financial or personal) be ready to explain why you would prefer physical cash over the scholarship.
- Provide Student Activities (include school and community activities) do you play ball?, basket ball, valley ball? any community service you are involved in?
- Awards & Honors: Have you won any award before? state the award and where.
- Why do you want this scholarship? You will be expected to answer this question in the essay section(One page) and attach to your application. Explain why you need the scholarship in a short brief essay.
- Any other comments or input you would like considered: Here, the foundation want to hear from you. So if you have any question, suggestion or contribution. You put it down in this section.
The application form should be completed and signed by the applicant. The parents/Guardian of the applicant is also expected to sign on the application form.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Submitted all Admissions documents to Nunez Community College
- Currently admitted to Nunez Community College
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must complete a FAFSA and indicate Nunez Community College as a recipient
- Completed online scholarship application on nunez.awardspring.com
Procedures for Applying for Nunez Foundation Scholarships:
- Applicant must submit all required information and documents online at nunez.awardspring.com by the deadline: July 15th for Fall semester; January 4th for Spring semester.
- Scholarship committee reviews applications.
- Foundation will notify applicants/recipients via email or telephone.
- Foundation will notify the Financial Aid Office and the respective departments of recipients.
These scholarships are awarded by third party individuals or companies who are in affiliation with the Nunez Community College . Students are expected to apply directly to those awarding the scholarship.
Applicants are expected to read all of the eligibility requirements for each scholarship before applying.
The Nunez Foundation is known for excellent. So in keeping with their responsibilities as an institution, they are committed to a policy of affording equal opportunity to all of its employees, students, scholarships applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, genetic information, or marital status. The Tommy Nunez Foundation Scholarship is committed to a policy of supporting academic and athletic activities of youths who are socially disadvantaged.